The City of Tacoma has committed $21.3 million in improvements to modernize the iconic Tacoma Dome.
The revitalization will include:
- State of the art telescopic seating, eliminating the portable seating in exterior parking lots
- Upgrading and adding additional restrooms
- Modifying loading docks
- Renovation to backstage offices and dressing rooms
- Exterior beautification including new siding, paint and signage
- Fire alarm and security advancements to augment safety measures implemented in 2016
This investment will improve the fan experience for all guests at the myriad of events presented at the Dome. The improved efficiency is also expected to increase the number of events and overall attendance.
Renovations will begin this summer. New seating will be installed in the summer of 2018 and all renovations will be completed by fall of 2018.
For more than 33 years the legendary venue has hosted the world’s top touring artists and hundreds of community events like state high school championships and graduations. With these improvements the Tacoma Dome legacy will live on.